Return to Campus FAQs
The FAQs below are divided into six sections: Quarantine Protocol, Masks & Uniforms, On Campus Students, Virtual Learning, COVID-19 Procedures and Extracurriculars/Athletics.
Revised Jan. 12, 2021
- What is the date to return to campus?
- When the date to return is set, what will going back to campus look like?
- What is Hybrid Learning, and what does this look like at Cardinal Gibbons?
- Are water fountains available?
- Are the students moving around to their different classrooms?
- With one-way stairwells, traffic patterns, social distancing, and hand sanitizing requirements, will students have more time between classes?
- Can I meet with my advisor on campus?
- What is available for lunch?
- What is Fully Virtual Learning, and what does this look like at Cardinal Gibbons?
- Can Virtual Learning students ask questions and interact with the teacher and their classmates in real-time during class?
- If our family has selected to go back to school in-person, can we change our mind at any time?
- With the block schedule, will all the students have lunch at the same time?
- How will the school monitor the health of students on a daily basis?
- When is my student required to complete the health screening?
- If someone in my household has tested positive for COVID-19 who do I need to contact?
- If my son or daughter has been in contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 who do I need to contact?
- If my son or daughter tests positive or exhibits symptoms who do I need to contact?
- How will the school community be notified when a student or faculty/staff member tests positive for COVID-19?
- My student has been asked to quarantine, can they attend classes virtually?
- What is the protocol for students who shared a classroom with another student during the two days prior to that student showing COVID-19 symptoms (and then testing positive)?
- What are the cleaning protocols?
- We are planning on traveling out of South Florida, what form needs to be completed?
- Will there be club meetings before/after school?
- Many community service opportunities are not available or feasible because of COVID-19 – how can students find safe community service opportunities?
- With the reduction in community service opportunities, will the school’s community service requirements be changed?
- Are student-athletes going to be competing in the winter season?