Back to School FAQs
These frequently asked questions regarding the start of the 2020-2021 school year at Cardinal Gibbons are a supplement to all official communications from the Cardinal Gibbons High School Administration and the Archdiocese of Miami.
The FAQs below are divided into four sections: Start of School, Virtual Learning, Extracurriculars/Athletics and Parents.
- When will we receive our class schedule?
- What school supplies will I need?
- How do I log into my iPad and other necessary applications?
- Do I have to wear my full uniform?
- How does my freshman or transfer student purchase one of the required new polo shirts?
- How do I purchase a school uniform?
- Can I wear my club or athletic shirt on Fridays?
- What is the schedule for the school day?
- If FX period is the lunch period designated on my schedule, am I done for the day at 1:00 p.m.? Do I need to check out with someone?
- When will we physically return to school?
- Will classes be held on Labor Day?
- If I have a problem with my iPad, who can help?
- How do I set up my iPad? What apps need to be downloaded?
- Do I need to have my camera/video enabled during Zoom calls?
- How do I access my textbooks?
- How will attendance be taken?
- If my student is sick and not COVID related what are the procedures?
- If my son/daughter tests positive for COVID what are the reporting procedures even though we are virtual.
- Will the teachers offer virtual office hours?
- Will Academic Advisors offer virtual office hours and how do I schedule an appointment?
- How do students participate in classes such as music, art and physical education (PE)?
- With the reduction in community service opportunities, will the school’s community service requirements, or the community service requirements of many of Gibbons clubs, be changed?
- The school offers dozens of club opportunities – will the number of clubs, and club activities, be impacted by COVID-19?
- What about student events such as the Welcome Week, pep rallies, and Homecoming?
- When will fall sports start? Tryouts? Games?