We have a full weekend of events planned for our class! Please be sure to check out the hotel block accommodations located at the end of the page. Below you will find links to register and information on the venues and events planned for this memorable weekend. Click here for the Class of 1982 website for the latest reunion weekend details.
(Registration $50 per person)
Friday, October 28th
5:30 pm Alumni Tailgate ($25 per person, tickets sold separately through school) Click here:
Stop by the Class of ’82 table inside the gym to check in for the weekend.
7 pm Football Game:
Champion Cardinal Gibbons Chiefs vs. Stranahan Dragons
8:30 pm Meet up at The Fitz!
Owner John Fitzgerald is a Gibbons alum, and his place is one of the hot spots near downtown Ft. Lauderdale. He will have a DJ “spinning” tunes from the 80’s for us and a couple of food trucks for those who are hungry.
Saturday, October 29th
12 – 4 pm Meet up at Park and Ocean
https://parkandocean.com/ Gibbons Alum Mark Zaden, https://www.facebook.com/WeedlineBand/ will be performing his acoustic blend of your favorite songs from the past and present as well as some of his original Weedline Music. This is a perfect setting located inside Birch State Park at Sunrise Blvd and A1A, steps away from where we took our yearbook pictures 40 years ago.
6 – 9 pm 26 Degree Brewing Company
Come and celebrate the culmination of the reunion weekend with drinks and heavy hors d’oeuvres including Laspada’s subs, wings, Caprese Salad and Nibblers will be provided and a DJ mixing your favorite tunes.
For any additional questions feel free to contact your committee members:
Tim Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org, 850-445-1192
Rosemarie Leone Ohly email@example.com, 863-221-1237
Kathy Bernardi Womble, firstname.lastname@example.org, 321-288-8179
All reservations must be made prior to October 13, 2022. After that date, block rooms will be released.
1. The Hampton Inn by Hilton, Ft Lauderdale-Pompano Beach for $169 + 13% tax per night (Oct 28-30).
Follow these directions to book room.
The Cardinal Gibbons H.S. Reunion Group block has been built in the Hampton Inn Pompano Beach reservation system. The Code for your group is “CGH”. Your group can begin making reservations through the hotel website. Please see steps below.
1) Go to hotel website – www.ftlauderdalepompanobeach.hamptonbyhilton.com
2) Enter the arrival & departure date (The Groups start date is 10/28/22 through 10/30/22). The group code will only work for the specified dates.
3) Click “Special Rates” and then input the group code under Group Code section and hit red “Check Rooms & Rates” Button.
4) Your Groups special rate will appear, guests will have room type options (King/2 Queen) depending on the contracted inventory)
5) Guests will choose the room type they want and follow instructions including entering their credit card information to finalize the reservation, guests will get an instant confirmation letter with their confirmation # confirming their stay at the property.
2. Oceanfront Ebb Tide Resort
312 Briny Avenue
Pompano Beach, Florida 33062
(954) 941-7200 office / (954) 781-1298 fax
We have 5 rooms reserved here. If all 5 rooms are reserved then guests will receive an additional 10% off. You can go to the website to see a picture of each room available. Rooms #19 & 25 are $347.58 total and rooms #27, 29, & 31 are $324.38 total. If interested in renting any of these rooms, please call and ask for the rooms reserved under my name, Kathy Womble.
(Registration $50 per person)
Times and events subject to change, please check back frequently for updates.