Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Program
Cardinal Gibbons is proud to partner with Barry University's Emergency Medical Services Program to offer a comprehensive Emergency Medical Technician certification program, beginning in Fall 2021.
About the Program
With a certification from Barry University’s Emergency Medical Technician Program, you can respond to the needs of your community in a fast-growing crucial field. Barry is committed to your success and our program exceeds state of Florida requirements giving you a strong foundation to sit for the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Exam (NREMT) and embark on a rewarding career. This program is for students who are interested in becoming a firefighter, paramedic, emergency room medical technician, or want to prepare for a nursing, medical or biomedical career.
Students enrolled in the state-approved EMT program can expect to:
- Learn from experienced instructors and paramedics
- Develop your technical communication and problem-solving skills
- Complete externships and ambulance Fire Rescue rides with partner institutions in Miami Dade and Broward County
|EMT Program Track|
Qualifications & Requirements
In order to enroll in the Cardinal Gibbons EMT program, students must fulfill the following requirements:
Register for the Emergency Medical Technician Program Track:
- Submit a program registration form.
- Submit a program agreement form.
Apply for the Emergency Medical Technician Course:
- Submit a program application.
- Submit a FERPA form.
- Submit current physical and immunization records.
- Submit fingerprints and complete a background screening and drug test through Complio, an online compliance tracking and screening system.
- Successfully complete all prerequisite courses.
- Submit CPR certification.
Current juniors who are interested in enrolling in the program must take the Emergency Medical Response course during the summer of 2021.
Students may also need to complete a number of prerequisite courses before they are eligible to apply.
All registration and application materials must be submitted to email@example.com.