To better help our students prepare for advanced college courses, we've partnered with Barry University to offer a robust Dual Enrollment Program, which will allow students to challenge themselves and test their ability to perform at the college level.
Through the Dual Enrollment Program, juniors and seniors at Cardinal Gibbons High School have the opportunity to take college-level courses and earn transferable credits. Dual enrollment credits can be transferred to many of the public colleges or universities in Florida, saving you time and money. The program also offers benefits to financial-aid-eligible students who enroll at Barry University, allowing you to secure your college future now!*
View more information regarding Barry's Dual Enrollment program as well as course offerings here.
How to Qualify & Apply
To qualify for dual enrollment courses, you must be a junior or senior with a 3.5 or better unweighted GPA and have the minimum required scores on an approved college readiness test. All Dual Enrollment students must earn at least an A or B in each of their Dual Enrollment courses in order to remain in good standing within the program and qualify to take other DE courses.
- To register for the upcoming semester, please click here:
- For help on the application process, click here for the Student Help Guide.
For returning students:
- Please remember you will only complete the authorization form for the Spring 2023 application.
- If you do not already know your Barry email, password, and student ID information, make sure to have this handy when starting the process. If you do not remember your password information, please contact Barry IT now so they can reset it for you. They can be reached by phone at (305) 899-3604 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For new students:
- Once you have officially completed your application and have been approved in the system, you should receive an email (to your personal email address) with instructions for how to access your Barry email and password information. Please hold onto this information for any future application and other student resource access.
Dual Enrollment Course Requirements
|Dual Enrollment College Readiness Assessment Requirements|
|Course #||Course Name||Additional Testing Requirements|
|REL 2300||Comparative Religions**|
|REL 3111||Theology Through Film**|
|REL 3565||Catholic Social Teaching**|
|REL 3752||Freedom & Virtue**|
|SPN 3416||Advanced Spanish||Placement Test Requirement|
|GEB 1011||Intro to Business**|
|**Student must earn a passing score on the College Readiness Assessment in Reading.|
|College Readiness Assessment - Passing Reading Score|
|Barry University Placement Test|
|Spanish||Students will be placed in a specific level of the course, according to their score.|
Dr. Katrina Azevedo
Assistant Principal for Academics & Curriculum, Dual Enrollment Liaison
(954) 491-2900 ext. 147
Dr. Whitney Watkins
Dual Enrollment Manager, Barry University
Frequently Asked Questions:
Have more questions? Get the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Barry University's Dual Enrollment Program.
If you qualify and wish to take a Dual-Enrollment class, contact Dr. Katrina Azevedo at email@example.com for additional information.
*Students who are eligible for financial aid and who enroll at Barry University will receive a tuition discount of $1,000 per year for participating in the Dual-Enrollment Program or attending a Catholic High School.