Congratulations to all New Chiefs Class of 2022
All students who wish to take honors courses or have received high school credits in Algebra 1, Geometry, Spanish 1 and/or French 1 are required to take a Math and/or Language Placement Test on Saturday, May 19th. The test begins at 8:00 am. Each test is 90 minutes. There will be a 20 minute break between tests, so please bring a snack and drink. (Students who have been taking Earlybird Math at St. Thomas or Gibbons are exempt from the Math Test). If only taking one test, you will finish at 9:30. If taking two tests, you will finish at 11:30. Calculators are permitted for the Math Tests. Parents please drop off students in West parking lot. Rosters will be posted outside of C wing.
If you were accepted and missed the registration dates, please call admissions at 954-491-2900 ext. 108 or 148 to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Your child must be present to register. Also, please bring your Acceptance Packet along with a copy of your child's Birth Certificate, #680 Health Form, and a non refundable $400 payment to ensure your seat.
If you would still like to apply to Cardinal Gibbons School and have not taken the High School Entrance Test, there will be a final make-up test on Thursday, May 31st at 8:30 am in our Technology Department. The test fee is $50 and may be paid the day of the test. Apply here to complete your application. In the meantime, the following documents are required to complete the Admission's process:
- 7th grade report card and standardized test scores** (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 8th grade first semester report card**(send to admissions @cghsfl.org)
- Two letters of Recommendation from current teachers** (available online for all non-feeder middle schools, please log in to you account to request or letters may be emailed to email@example.com)*
- Emergency / Release Form (Available online, please log in to your account to complete.)
- If you are unable to return to your Application Portal to access the Emergency/Release Form and the Financial Verification Form, please click here: Log-in now to login in.
- If you already took the HSPT at another school, you may still apply to Gibbons, although you do not need to pay the $50 test fee. Just submit your application and provide us your HSPT results as soon as you receive them.
- Tours can be scheduled by calling Admissions at 954-491-2900 ext. 148
- International Students will need to provide translated and evaluated transcripts showing all high school credits earned. Most of our international families use J. Silny for their translation service. They can be contacted at www.jsilny.com.
- Q/A's please email Admissions@cghsfl.org